Linux Systems/Security Engineer
We are a growing team of Security, Linux, and Network engineers looking for the next member of our team. We work on incredible projects including complex network engineering, system and network performance tuning, dealing with compromised systems, physical server deployments at datacenters around the world, disaster recovery, working with teams to design highly scalable architectures.
We need people who can research open source technology and help adapt it to our projects. We are looking for people who are always thinking about how to improve our current technology and looking for the next improvement in our systems.
If your looking for a career with industry experts, then make Roka Security your next career move.
In this position the person will be working with various linux servers in small and large networks. They will help with development, implementation, deployment and operations and maintenance of linux servers, automated configuration and patching systems and much much more.
In general, if you like linux and networking you will love this position.
Specific Technical Expertise and Knowledge Required (must have at least 5)
- 3-5 years experience with Linux and networking.
- Experience building and administering Linux based server systems
- Experience reading, writing, or modifying Shell, Perl, Python scripts
- Experience and knowledge of security hardening practices associated with Linux based systems
- Experience building and administering virtualization technologies (KVM, Xen, ESXi systems)
- Experience with System, Security, and Network monitoring tools (Nagios, Observium, Cacti, RDS, SecurityOnion, Splunk, etc)
- CCNA/CCNP or equivalent experience with network technologies (OSPF/BGP experience is a plus)
- Experience in deployment of NAS/SAN technologies (iSCSI, FC). Experience with open source technologies (CephFS, Gluster/Redhat Storage, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience building, deploying, and maintaining VoIP, Database, or NSM systems
- Employee would work in our office in Herndon, Virginia.
- Create and maintain effective customer relationships.
- Troubleshooting of complex systems/network issues in a prompt manner.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all products and services offered.
- Ability to make critical decisions affecting system security posture
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to multi-task and communicate effectively with little supervision
- Highly trustworthy persons with the ability to safeguard company/customer proprietary and intellectual property information
- Due to work with various local, state, and federal agencies US citizenship is required.
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical and Dental
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Relaxed, professional environment
- Flexible Work Schedule